With real-world data from a Geotab GO device, the possibilities are endless.
The Geotab University R&D Program is a free program geared to undergraduate and graduate students and university faculty who are looking to integrate telematics data into their research endeavours, design projects or theses.
What’s included in the program
- Up to two GO devices per researcher (more devices may be requested)
- At least 6 months’ free access to MyGeotab — Geotab’s web-based application for managing and understanding the data sent by the GO device
- Geotab’s free and open SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Geotab technical support
What data can I get via the GO device?
- Engine Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
- Engine RPM
- Battery voltage
- Engine warning light on (MIL)
- Seat belt use
- Emission faults
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- GPS location (~3 m accuracy)
- 3-axis accelerometer data
My university is already enrolled in the Geotab University R&D Program. How do I get devices for my project?
If your university has already been accepted into the Geotab University R&D Program, you may request devices for your project by clicking the Request Devices button below. If your university is not yet enrolled in the program, someone who is authorized to bind your institution to legal agreements must complete the Program Enrollment process first. For more information on the Geotab University R&D Program, please contact email@example.com.Request devices